Long before she was the Queen of Hearts, she was just a girl who wanted to fall in love.
From New York Times bestselling author of The Lunar Chronicles, Marissa Meyer, comes a vision of Wonderland like none you've seen before, telling the untold story of the girl who would the notorious Queen of Hearts.
Stifled by her parents and trapped by the King’s advances, Cath's determined to define her own destiny and open a bakery with her best friend. But when a mysterious court jester appears in Wonderland, a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.
Win! Create the perfect Heartless costume and have the chance to be crowned cosplay winner at YALC!
Heartless by Marissa Meyer is the ultimate YA read, out 9th February 2017. This book visits a Wonderland never seen before, overflowing with beloved characters - and we want you to help us bring it to life. To celebrate the book publishing in the UK, we’re calling for passionate creators to produce the perfect Heartless cosplays, for a chance to win the chance to be crowned winner at YALC 2017 and an exciting prize bundle!
The full prize package will include:
Three finalists will be chosen from the entries after the closing date of 29th May 2017. Each finalist will receive the following:
Entry to YALC on Saturday 29th July 2017, where the final winner will be selected
Transport costs to and around London (up to £120)
One night at a hotel in London in Kensington (Saturday 29th July 2017)
Brownie Extravaganza Class from Konditor and Cook (11am Sunday 30th July 2017)
The winner, as chosen at YALC on Saturday 29th July 2017, will also win:
A copy of Heartless with a signed bookplate
Macmillan Alice Books Bundle (worth £100)
Baking Bundle (worth £75)
To enter to win, here’s what you need to do:
1. We can offer reading material for inspiration beforehand – just email firstname.lastname@example.org. First come, first served.
2. Create your cosplay look. You can be as creative as you like – make up, costume or a combination of the two – as long as it captures the spirit of Heartless and its characters. Otherwise – let your creativity guide you!
3. Send photographs of your entries to email@example.com. You must have ‘Heartless Cosplay Competition Entry’ in the subject line.
4. You must be a resident of the UK or Ireland, and be over the age of 16 to enter. Be sure to read the full terms and conditions for the competition at the bottom of this webpage.
5. We’ll be judging the entries from 29th May 2017, and will be in touch with the finalists shortly after.
6. The winner will be chosen at YALC on Saturday 29th July 2017. You must be able to attend YALC on Saturday 29th July 2017 to be chosen as a finalist. The winner will be required to recreate their cosplay at YALC so a winner can be chosen.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this Heartless Cosplay competition (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 16 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 8.00am on 28th January 2017 and 11.59pm on 28th May 2017
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: Send photographs of your Heartless cosplay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of the email must be ‘Heartless Cosplay Competition Entry.’ All entries must be received by 23:59 28th May 2017.
7. A team of judges at Pan Macmillan, the author Marissa Meyer, and one impartial judge will select the three finalists. The final winner will be selected at YALC 2017. The judges will select the winner on the creativity and style of the costume.
8. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
9. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
10. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following:
The three finalists will receive the following prize: One day of entry to YALC 2017 on Saturday 29th July 2017; Brownie Extravaganza Class from Konditor and Cook in London on Sunday 30th July 2017, 11am-12.30pm; Travel costs to and within London up to £120; one night in a London hotel in Kensington on Saturday 29th July 2017. Subject to availability.
The winner [who will be chosen YALC 2017 by judges] will also receive one (1) paperback copy of Heartless by Marissa Meyer with a signed bookplate, a Macmillan Alice Books Bundle (worth £100) and a Baking Bundle (worth £75). Subject to availability.
11. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: upon winning the finalists will correspond via email with a member of the Pan Macmillan Marketing team to finalise the details their travel to London where the winner will be chosen. Travel costs to and within London of up to £120 will be refunded for each finalist with proof of purchase.
12. The finalists of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: by email within 7 working days of the final entry date (28th May 2017). The winner will be chosen at YALC 2017 on Saturday 29th July 2017.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. If a winner does not accept the prize within 7 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner(s). Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The name, region of residence and likeness of the winners may be used by Promoter for reasonable post-event publicity in any form including on Promoters website and social media pages at no cost. The photos created by the finalists may be used for further promotional activity. Photographs taken of the finalists at YALC may be used for further promotional activity.
15. You can find out who has won a prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Heartless Cosplay Competition, Children’s Marketing, Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road, London, N1 9RR 30 days after the closing date.
16. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available. The Prize is non-transferable.
18. Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.